Re: new method names in JPythonMethods

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Tom Whittaker wrote:
      >> Sent by:   owner-visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      >> To:   visad-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      >> cc:
      >> Subject:   new method names in JPythonMethods
      >>
      >> In today's VisAD release, I have taken the opportunity to add new
      >> signatures for some of the methods that dealt with VisAD Data
objects.
      >> My goal is to try to "regularize" these names, so that:
      >>
      >>     getDomainType()
      >> and
      >>
      >>     getRangeType()
      >>
      >> say what they do.  To facilitate your efforts, the old signatures
are
      >> still there, but are no longer in the Javadoc.
      >>
      >> For folks who need a quick-list of names, I've added a "quick
reference
      >> to API names" on the VisAD/Python homepage:
      >>
      >>     http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~tomw/visadtutor/cheatsheet.txt
      >>
      >> This list includes functions/methods from JPythonMethods, subs.py
and
      >> graph.py.
      >>
      >> tom
      >>
      >> --
      >> Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
      >> University of Wisconsin-Madison
      >> Space Science and Engineering Center
      >> Phone/VoiceMail: 608/262-2759
      >> Fax: 608/262-5974

Hi,

 I  noticed by chance (i.e. a casual glance at Tom's posting on
JPythonMethods)
that a new version of VisAD was released today.

Is there some way (other than checking all postings to the VisAD mailing
list)
to find out when new versions of VisAD are  released (and the details of
what
has changed in the new version)?

Thanks - Alan

Alan Kalvin, PhD, kalvin@xxxxxxxxxx,  (914) 784-6907, Visual Analysis
Group,
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, P. O. Box 704, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

"A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg."  -  Samuel Butler