Re: Gridded2DSet, Irregular2DSet ?

Hi Corne,

> 1. The example node has 6 corners. The Gridded2DSet outline the 6
>    corners correct but the Irregular2DSet only fill a region which
>    is encapsulated by 4 corners.(run code)

Very interesting problem, which is that the Delaunay
constructor in Irregular2DSet creates a triangulation of
the convex closure of the samples array. But you can get
what you want using:

  nodeSet = DelaunayCustom.fill(nodeOutlineSet);

If you get a "path self-intersects" message its because
the first and last points in your aNode array are identical -
you can fix it by making a second aNode array and nodeOutlineSet
without the repeated point. Also, the nodeSet returned by
the fill() method may have a different number of points -
you'll have to check with getLength() before calling
the Field's setSamples().

> 2. Is there a way to control the colouring of Irregular2DSet without
>    it being mapped to a ``certain'' colour range, of maybe define a
>    colour range for the values that are mapped to the nodes?

I don't understand the question. Do you want the color to
vary over the border of one Irregular2DSet, or for different
Sets to have different colors?

> 3. For the text labeling I have created a TextControl object. I am able
>    to setCenter and setSize but when I try to setFont the text are not
>    displayed anymore.

Does Test69 in visad/examples display properly with the
serif font on your system?