Gridded2DSet, Irregular2DSet ?

Hi everyone,

I am able to draw a RGB coloured ``mesh'' where each of the cells
or nodes are defined by corners,

node a = corners(1,2,3,4);
node b = corners(2,4,5,6);
node c = corners(3,7,9,10);
node d = corners(7,6,10,11);
node e = corners(6,8,11,12);

but not all nodes are necessarily defined by 4 corners.
The corners are defined by x and y values that correspond to the
XAxis and the YAxis ( x -> XAxis, y -> YAxis).

Also, each node maps to a value:

a -> 4.5,
b -> 6.7,

For this I used a Irregular2DSet. I have also use a Gridded2DSet to
draw a outline for each node and a FieldImpl for text labeling of
each node. See attached code :-) - it is a simple example with
one hard-coded node. The node data come form a netCDF file, which
is generated form XML.

The following problems arise:

1. The example node has 6 corners. The Gridded2DSet outline the 6
   corners correct but the Irregular2DSet only fill a region which
   is encapsulated by 4 corners.(run code)

2. Is there a way to control the colouring of Irregular2DSet without
   it being mapped to a ``certain'' colour range, of maybe define a
   colour range for the values that are mapped to the nodes?

3. For the text labeling I have created a TextControl object. I am able
   to setCenter and setSize but when I try to setFont the text are not
   displayed anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Corne Kloppers

  address : SEVEN C, PO Box 4720, Rivonia, 2128, South Africa
    email : corne@xxxxxxxxxxxx
     site : www.sevenc.co.za
      tel : +27 11 805-7243
            +2782-343-4563
      fax : +27 11 805-7239

        Unix, Unix, Unix
        Technical & Internet software development