Re: Gridded2DSet

Hi John,

>         I have added a Gridded 2DSet to one of my current X-Y Plots.  The XY
> Plot is defined by the following:  the domain of my data set runs from 2 to
> 18 while the range is from -40 to 0.  I created the Gridded2DSet and added
> it to the display.  However, the Gridded2DSet is placed onto its own scale
> and does not correspond to the values represented by the XY Plot.  How can I
> apply these to the same scale?  The values for the Gridded2DSet are points
> bracketing the domain and range respectively.  Please advise.

If the XY Plot has MathType (x -> y) and the Gridded2DSet has
MathType Set(a, b), if I understand you right, then do something
like:

  ScalarMap xmap = new ScalarMap(x, Display.XAxis);
  display.addMap(xmap);
  ScalarMap ymap = new ScalarMap(y, Display.YAxis);
  display.addMap(ymap);
  ScalarMap amap = new ScalarMap(a, Display.XAxis);
  display.addMap(amap);
  ScalarMap bmap = new ScalarMap(b, Display.YAxis);
  display.addMap(bmap);
  xmap.setRange(xlow, xhi);
  ymap.setRange(ylow, yhi);
  amap.setRange(xlow, xhi);
  bmap.setRange(ylow, yhi);

That is, set the same range for x and a, and the same
range for y and b. Then x and a values will line up,
and y and b values will line up.