20010122: Adding a Grid to an XY Plot

>From: "Clark, John G" <john.g.clark@xxxxxxxx>

John-

>I have a simple XY Plot that needs a gridlines on the display to help depict
>values.  Does VisAD have this capability.  Thus far, I have been unable to
>find any method or class that does this.  A Gridded1DSet/Gridded2DSet looked
>promising but after further inspection, it appeared that  this was really
>only for clustered data such as Gaussian distributions among others, not
>adding gridlines.  What do I need to do to add gridlines to my display?
>Thanks,

You can create a Union Set of Gridded 2D sets.  For a straight XY plot,
each Gridded2DSet should contain the endpoints of the line.  The UnionSet
would just be initialized with the array of Gridded2DSets.    If you
need more info, let me know.

Don
Unidata WWW Server               http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/
McIDAS Demonstration Machine  http://mcdemo.unidata.ucar.edu/