Re: Java 3D on Red Hat Linux 7.0

Maybe this from the java-linux list is related:

               Yasuhiro Kaizu  writes:
               Yasuhiro> I have recently installed the Red Hat Linux 7.0 and
               Yasuhiro> jdk1.2.2.  But jave won't run and the error message
               Yasuhiro> appears on this new OS.  I have been running jdk1.2.2
on
               Yasuhiro> the Red Hat Linux 6.0 for several months and I have
               Yasuhiro> never had such a kind of trouble.  Does anyone know why
               Yasuhiro> java runs on the version 6.0 and it does not run on the
               Yasuhiro> 7.0?  Thank you.

           RH 7.0 comes with a broken beta release of glibc-2.2.  Install the
           updates from http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHBA-2000-079.html

                   Juergen
           Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team

           Red Hat has released at least 3 new sets of rpms for 7.0 which
address
           bugs in the glibc packages.  Some of the bugs fixed include some
killers
           which break Sun's JVM.

           I'd go visit an update site (I usually try ftp.valinux.com first) and
           download every available glib*rpm for 7.0.
           --
           Joi Ellis                    Software Engineer
           Aravox Technologies          joi@a..., gyles19@v...

           J2SDK v1.3.0 requires glibc-2.1.3 or higher.   The above problem
usually                   happens when you try to run Java on a system with
           an older version of glibc.

           Juergen

  You can check your version of glibc with  ls /lib/libc*

  Stu

_______

Stuart Wier                              UCAR Unidata Program
wier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                           P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/wier      Boulder, CO 80307