Re: VisAD Tutorial now available

Hi Shin-ta,

The TYPE_USHORT_565_RGB sounds like a Windows 16-bit colour image. I've
noticed a number of the AWT classes return an default image type with a
colour format compatible with the display being used as it makes
painting the image much faster. Just as a guess I'd say you were running
on a windows box with 16-bit colour (65536 colours) selected, although I
could be completely wrong.

One way to convert colour formats for images is to create a
BufferedImage with the desired colour model/type and then paint the
source image into it using the Graphics object returned by its
getGraphics() method. There are probably other ways as well.

The above is just guesswork based on what you describe so I apologise in
advance if it is all a red herring.

Tim.

--
Tim Stevenson