20000818: lefthand mouse

>From: Crystal Shaw <shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Crystal-

>I am running the compiled P1_01 from the tutorial/s1 directory from the jar
>file on Aug 17. What you said about pressing 2 buttons is equivalent to the
>non-pressed button is not true on my SGI NT box.
>
>Pressing the right-most button gives me the cross cursor that moves with the
>mouse.

Hmm, that's weird.   I don't have an explanation for that.  Have you checked
the mouse settings in the Control Panel (I think you'd find nothing
else worked on your machines if the right most button was not really
MB1 on a left handed mouse).

>Pressing the middle and leftmost buttons will move the graph around.

That's working correctly.  That simulates MB1 which should move the
graph around.  On a correctly configured left handed mouse, visad
nomenclature for LEFT button actually means RIGHT button and vice-versa.

>Pressing the middle button will only give me a cross cursor that doesn't move.

That's what I get with my roller mouse.  Does holding down the left and
right mouse buttons allow the cursor to move?

>The mouse I have doesn't have roller in the middle, looks like a 3-button
>mouse.

Since I only have roller mice, I can't check this.  But pushing the
left and right buttons should make the cursor go round.

>Maybe it is a feature on the machine here. Guess not all NT machines are the
>same? I will try different permutations when I get stuck next time.

I wish I could reproduce what you see.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

Don
Unidata WWW Server               http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/
McIDAS Demonstration Machine  http://mcdemo.unidata.ucar.edu/