Re: 20000818: lefthand mouse

  • To: dmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Don Murray)
  • Subject: Re: 20000818: lefthand mouse
  • From: Crystal Shaw <shaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> by pampa.ncsa.uiuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) id QAA3851318; Fri, 18 Aug 2000 16:34:24 -0500 (CDT)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 16:34:23 -0500 (CDT)
> >sgi NT box. Setting the mouse to be left-handed, pressing down 2nd & 3rd
> >(left-handed order) buttons is equivalent to the left mouse button for
> >right-h
> > anded
> >mouse. The "middle" button is actually the first(rightmost) button.
>
> I'm confused by your last sentence though.  On my left-handed mouse,
> the rightmost button is the same as the leftmost button on a right-handed
> mouse.

I am running the compiled P1_01 from the tutorial/s1 directory from the jar
file on Aug 17. What you said about pressing 2 buttons is equivalent to the
non-pressed button is not true on my SGI NT box.

Pressing the right-most button gives me the cross cursor that moves with the
mouse. Pressing the middle and leftmost buttons will move the graph around.
Pressing the middle button will only give me a cross cursor that doesn't move.

The mouse I have doesn't have roller in the middle, looks like a 3-button mouse.
Maybe it is a feature on the machine here. Guess not all NT machines are the
same? I will try different permutations when I get stuck next time.

Thanks!
----
 -Crystal