20000803: "RendererVector must be empty"

>From: Paul Gifford <pgg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Paul-

>I'm still working on plotting my data on the same graph...but I'm making
>progress.  After scrapping everything and using the tutorial as a
>template, I'm getting a new error (hey, that's progress!)

One step at a time! ;-)

>I get this error when I add a 2nd ScalarMap to the display.  I can plot
>single sets over and over again, but whenever I try to add a 2nd set to
>the Y axis I get this:
>
>visad.DisplayException: DisplayImpl.addMap: RendererVector must be empty
>
>Of course I'm doing something completely obviously wrong, but I don't
>see it.

You must add ScalarMaps before adding references.  If you want to
add a new ScalarMap, you need to remove the DataReferences, add
the ScalarMap and then add the DataReferences back in.

>Also, is there an index to the examples?  I.E. "Test00.java:
>Demonstrates 1, 2, 3"

java DisplayTest in visad/examples will list a short description
of all the examples of form Testnn.java

Don
Unidata WWW Server               http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/
McIDAS Demonstration Machine  http://mcdemo.unidata.ucar.edu/