Re: RemoteDisplayImpl doesn't have a getComponent() method

Hi Vimal,

There are two halves to writing a simple client/server collaborative VisAD
application (which I assume you are trying to do).

The code example you gave is the server side, setting up the data and
display.  However, you should call addReferences() on the DisplayImpl, not
on the RemoteDisplayImpl.

On the server side, all you need to do with the RemoteDisplayImpl that you
have created is add it to a RemoteServer so that the client can access it.

On the client side, you'll get the RemoteDisplay from the RemoteServer, then
construct a local DisplayImpl using that RemoteDisplay.  The two
DisplayImpls will then be linked with respect to their ScalarMaps and
DataReferences.  That is, direct manipulation on either end should work.

Let the list know if you still have problems.

-Curtis