Re: HDF5 adapter

Hi Peter,

> I use spreadsheet to open an HDF5 file with multiple datasets.
> The spreadsheet correctly displays the first dataset by default.
> Using the spreadsheet tool, "Edit mappings", I clear the first
> dataset from display and add the second dataset in the display.
> The cell panel then is all white. When I go back to the first dataset,
> everything is OK again. I am sure the datasets are OK. The function
> type for the file is
> (((dim0, dim1 -> Float2Darray1),
>  ((dim0, dim1 -> Int2Darray1))
>
> Could you tell what may go wrong ? Did you display file with
> multiple datasets before ?

We commonly display netCDF and HDF-EOS files that contain
multiple datasets.

One thing to try:

  read this file into cell A1
  select cell B1 and type A1.0 in the formula toolbar
  select cell A2 and type A1.1 in the formula toolbar

This will create data objects with MathTypes:

  ((dim0, dim1) -> Float2Darray1) in B1
  ((dim0, dim1) -> Int2Darray1) in A2

Please let me know if the display is still all white in
cell A2.

If this continues to be difficult, another approach will
be for you to send me your HDF-5 adapter code plus this
file so I can jdb through this.