Re: [thredds] ncml/THREDDS Aggregation of Swath Satellite data?

  • To: Michael McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] ncml/THREDDS Aggregation of Swath Satellite data?
  • From: Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 10:29:55 -0600
Greetings Michael!

I don't know of any examples of swath datasets being aggregated using
NcML (perhaps others do?). I think the basic mechanics of aggregating
would work, but the higher level services, like the NetcdfSubset
service, WCS, or ncWMS, would not work. The sticking point with those
services would be the time varying spatial coordinates - that's
something that is not supported at this time.

Cheers,

Sean

Sean