[thredds] ncml/THREDDS Aggregation of Swath Satellite data?

Are there any THREDDS catalog aggregation examples for swath data that
has a two-dimensional grid with track and cross-track coordinates? Any
ncml examples of this working in anyone's production THREDDS catalog?

We have tried the "joinExisting" methods we use for grid datasets with
a "time" component, but this same approach does not work on
multi-dimension swath data.

We have several satellite/swath datasets that we would like to
virtually aggregate and present via WMS to web mapping platforms via a
single THREDDS URL but have thus far been unsuccessful.

for example, here is the full listing of all the swath files we would
like to virtually aggregate,

https://tds.coaps.fsu.edu/thredds/catalog/coaps/qscat/nc_L2B_v4p0_12/nc_L2B_12_daily/catalog.html

--
Michael McDonald