[thredds] GRIB/NetCDF in openlayers

Hi,
I work as a fire meteorologist for the BLM and Forest Service. I'm
developing a web appliation to help these agencies identify periods in
which the weather if favorable for prescribed burning. As part of this
application I need to display weather forecast variables on a web map. I
have been scouring the internet for a way to display GRIB or NetCDF files
in openlayers, which is the mapping library that I am most familiar with. I
have gone through the steps in this tutorial and  have successfully set up
a the web server. However, at the very final step, where you move the
thredds war file into the web apps directory I am running into problems.
When I go to localhost:8000/thredds as directed in the tutorial
<https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/tds/tutorial/GettingStarted.html#deploying>
it
gives me a 404 error message.

I've spent a ridiculous amout of time trying to get this to work. Any
suggestions you may have would be appreciated.

I've checked the logs and the only thing related to thredds that i can see
is this:

23-Jul-2019 13:42:35.654 WARNING [main] 23-Jul-2019 13:27:14.213 INFO
[main] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was
scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this
logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found
in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time
and JSP compilation time.
23-Jul-2019 13:27:16.618 INFO [main]
org.hibernate.validator.internal.util.Version.<clinit> HV000001: Hibernate
Validator 4.3.2.Final
23-Jul-2019 13:27:17.663 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more
listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate
container log file
23-Jul-2019 13:27:18.006 WARNING [main]
org.apache.catalina.util.SessionIdGeneratorBase.createSecureRandom Creation
of SecureRandom instance for session ID generation using [SHA1PRNG] took
[341] milliseconds.
23-Jul-2019 13:27:18.008 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/thredds]
startup failed due to previous errors

--
Nanette Hosenfeld
Predictive Services Meteorologist