Re: [thredds] [support] can't load "get netcdf file" functioni

  • To: Nathan Potter <ndp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] [support] can't load "get netcdf file" functioni
  • From: Christian Skarby <christians@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 13:13:31 +0200
Sorry, I think there must be some sort of misunderstanding here. I received
the email on a thredds user mailing list and noticed that the request
referred to a hyrax instance. If hyrax is providing what you are looking
for you should consider to evaluate to use that for your backend. As for
the NCSS module on thredds v4.6 I have experienced problems with speed and
functionality. I would rather recommend using client side tools that can
extract through opendap. The netcdf library often supports connecting to an
opendap url. See e.g. https://wiki.met.no/fimex/start