Re: [thredds] [Support #RBW-315032]: netCDF-4 and the Enterprise Support Edition of HDF5

  • To: Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] [Support #RBW-315032]: netCDF-4 and the Enterprise Support Edition of HDF5
  • From: Gerry Creager - NOAA Affiliate <gerry.creager@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 17:20:36 -0500
Certainly the reduced frequency of releases, and the fairly obvious attempt
to slow bug fixes/updates represents a strategy. I'm concerned that the
attempt to make sure they maintain a stable financial footing is likely to
cause them problems down the road. I agree with Roy, too. The mix they
propose is only going to hurt the community overall.

gerry

Gerry Creager
NSSL/CIMMS
405.325.6371