Re: [thredds] [Support #RBW-315032]: netCDF-4 and the Enterprise Support Edition of HDF5

  • To: Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal <roy.mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] [Support #RBW-315032]: netCDF-4 and the Enterprise Support Edition of HDF5
  • From: Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 14:51:33 -0600
Great points, Roy. We are discussing exactly these kinds of things
now. Any feedback from the community from the point of view of
netCDF-4 will certainly be welcome.

I will say that because we role our own HDF reader, we likely won't be
able to support any enterprise only features of HDF5 in the
netCDF-Java stack unless we do a cleanroom implementation (ugh)...at
least that's from how I interpret the "[c]lients agree to not share
proprietary items, e.g. binaries, add-ons, documentation, etc."
statement from their FAQ. More to come, I'm certain.

Sean