Re: [thredds] [support]

Hi Akhil, Nathan,
As of right now there are 146k records in that dataset aggregation, which
would be quite a large dataset to download in 1 query.  The easiest method
to streamline the data into your workspace would likely be through the
openDAP protocol (options available in python -- see below example -- and
matlab eg. ncread function).  This allows you to isolate the data you're
interested in w/o downloading the entire repository or download the data
variable by variable via openDAP and save it locally if you like.  Feel
free to email directly if you have further questions regarding our data!

Thanks,
Spicer Bak
Research Coastal Engineer
USACE Field Research Facility

python example below:
In[2]: import netCDF4 as nc
In[3]: ncfile = nc.Dataset('
https://chlthredds.erdc.dren.mil/thredds/dodsC/frf/oceanography/waves/waverider-26m/waverider-26m.ncml
')
In[4]: ncfile.variables.keys()
Out[4]:
[u'station_name',
 u'waveFrequency',
 u'waveDirectionBins',
 u'nominalDepth',
 u'latitude',
 u'longitude',
 u'waveHs',
 u'waveTp',
 u'waveTpfb',
 u'waveTm',
 u'waveTm1',
 u'waveTm2',
 u'wavePeakDirectionPeakFrequency',
 u'waveMeanDirection',
 u'waveMeanDirectionPeakFrequency',
 u'wavePrincipleDirection',
 u'time',
 u'gaugeDepth',
 u'qcFlagE',
 u'qcFlagD',
 u'directionalPeakSpread',
 u'spectralWidthParameter',
 u'waveDirectionEstimator',
 u'waveEnergyDensity',
 u'directionalWaveEnergyDensity',
 u'waveA1Value',
 u'waveB1Value',
 u'waveA2Value',
 u'waveB2Value']
In[5]:  ncfile['time'][:]
Out[5]:
array([  1.21148064e+09,   1.21148244e+09,   1.21148424e+09, ...,
         1.51778088e+09,   1.51778268e+09,   1.51778448e+09])
In[6]: ncfile['waveHs'][:]
Out[6]:
array([ 0.55472255,  0.58538461,  0.5709064 , ...,  1.43545318,
        1.45016885,  1.52784443], dtype=float32)
In[7]: ncfile['waveHs'][:].shape
Out[7]: (146391L,)