Re: [thredds] [support] Data Request

Hi Stuart,

Unfortunately I do not have access credentials for any of the OpenID providers
listed at that site and thus am unable to view that dataset. However from the
URL I can see that the software that is providing access is not Hyrax, but
rather the THREDDS Data Server (TDS), the form interface is roughly the same as
the one the we provide with Hyrax so the documentation link I sent is relevant.

The form utilizes array index based subsetting, not value based subsetting. For
your request you would need to examine the longitude and latitude arrays to
determine the indices of the bounding box you wish to subset. This can be done
quickly by selecting one the coordinate variables (pick for example the
variable for latitude) by selecting just that in the form and then clicking on
the “Get ASCII” button. (You may need to do a bit of scripting to find the
indices of the bounds) Repeat for longitude. Once you can express them as
start:stride:stop you can select the variable you wish to retrieve (pH for
example) and plug those index values into the appropriate part of the form.
Using the form you can then retrieve the results as either an ASCII download or
as a DAP2 binary object.

The TDS provides several other (possibly more intuitive) ways to request data,
but I am not entirely familiar with them so I am including the TDS support list
so that they can chime in and assist you.

Cheers,

Nathan

> On Jan 25, 2018, at 6:35 AM, Tolley, Stuart <st514@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Nathan,
>
> This is the URL I am hoping to use:
> http://esgf-data1.ceda.ac.uk/thredds/dodsC/cmip5.output1.MOHC.HadGEM2-ES.rcp45.mon.ocnBgchem.Omon.r4i1p1.ph.20120110.aggregation.1
>
> Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stuart

= = =
Nathan Potter                        ndp at opendap.org
OPeNDAP, Inc.                        +1.541.231.3317