[thredds] GRIB indexing

Hi All:

I am just having all sorts of problems getting TDM to work with TDS.  I am
using the latest release version of each.  If the TDM is run as a separate
user,  say, tdm,, then there are all sorts of permission problems accessing
some things it needs, such as caches,  if the caches are in the default
locations ($TOMCAT_HOME/content/thedds/cache)

So to try and deal with that,  I changed my threddsConfig.xml to have:

 <GribIndexing>
    <setExtendIndex>false</setExtendIndex>
    <alwaysUseCache>true</alwaysUseCache>
     <policy>nestedDirectory</policy>
    <dir>/usr/local/tomcat/content/tdm/cache/grib/</dir>
  </GribIndexing>

Stopped the TDS,  restarted the TDS,  and lo and behold where are the caches
being updated,  why $TOMCAT_HOME/content/thedds/cache.

So,  any advice greatly appreciated.  There are a lot of issues involved in
getting TDM to work with the TDS,  I wish they were better fleshed out
somewhere.

Thanks,

-Roy

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst