Re: [thredds] issue with fileServer service

  • To: Mark Maciolek <mlm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] issue with fileServer service
  • From: Christian Ward-Garrison <cwardgar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 17:50:36 -0600
Hi Mark,

Both service definitions are fine. Rather, I suspect the problem is that
you haven't defined a dataset root [1]. Here is a very basic example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<catalog name="Local TDS" xmlns="
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/thredds/InvCatalog/v1.0";
         version="1.0.6" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>
    <service name="http" serviceType="HTTPServer"
base="/thredds/fileServer/"/>

    <datasetRoot path="my/data" location="C:/Users/cwardgar/dev/data" />

    <dataset name="A Test Dataset" ID="testDataset" urlPath="my/data/foo.nc"

        <serviceName>http</serviceName>
    </dataset>
</catalog>

I have a file at C:/Users/cwardgar/dev/data/foo.nc that TDS serves at
http://localhost:8080/thredds/fileServer/my/data/foo.nc. In the datasetRoot
element, the path I've chosen is arbitrary; the location is not (unless I
move the file).

Cheers,
Christian

[1]