Re: [thredds] running THREDDS as a packed war

  • To: Georgi Kostov - NOAA Affiliate <georgi.kostov@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] running THREDDS as a packed war
  • From: John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 15:34:33 +0000
Hi Georgi:

Grib collections have again been rewritten in v4.6, in order to scale up to
NCDC size datasets. We are alpha testing it now, and it should be to beta
soon.

If all I was doing was serving GRIB files, I would use v4.6 today if you
can stomach reindexing, otherwise as soon as it gets to beta.

NcML aggregations and FMRC are still a bit unstable in v4.5 and v4.6, and
are the reasons neither have yet become stable releases.

John