Re: [thredds] running THREDDS as a packed war

Hi John:

You can configure tomcat to not explode thredds.war. it will still create a
content directory as usual.

Version 4.3 requires Tomcat 6, but we recommend the latest version of
Tomcat 7.
TDS 4.5 requires Tomcat 7+ and Java 7+.

There are some lingering issues with FMRC with 4.5, but otherwise its
better than 4.3. Actually if you are serving GRIB, you should use 4.6,
again with the FMRC caveat.

I hope to have the FMRC back to snuff soon.

John