Re: [thredds] Unwanted ISO 8601 time interval format in WMS

Hi,

My changes to the capabilities_xml.jsp document based on the receipt from MyOcean included, among other things, the following changes:

Original document:

<c:choose>
   <c:when test="${verboseTimes}">
      <%-- Use the verbose version of the time string --%>
<c:forEach var="tval" items="${tvalues}" varStatus="status"><c:if test="${status.index > 0}">,</c:if>${utils:dateTimeToISO8601(tval)}</c:forEach>
   </c:when>
   <c:otherwise>
      <c:choose>
          <c:when test="${layer.intervalTime}">
              <%-- Use the most concise version of the time string --%>
<c:out value="${utils:getTimeStringForCapabilities(tvalues)}"/>
          </c:when>
          <c:otherwise>
              <%-- Use the verbose version of the time string --%>
<c:forEach var="tval" items="${tvalues}" varStatus="status"><c:if test="${status.index > 0}">,</c:if>${utils:dateTimeToISO8601(tval)}</c:forEach>
          </c:otherwise>
      </c:choose>
   </c:otherwise>
</c:choose>

which I changed to:

<c:choose>
   <c:when test="${verboseTimes}">
       <%-- Use the verbose version of the time string --%>
<c:forEach var="tval" items="${tvalues}" varStatus="status"><c:if test="${status.index > 0}">,</c:if>${utils:dateTimeToISO8601(tval)} </c:forEach>
   </c:when>
   <c:otherwise>
       <%-- Use the most concise version of the time string --%>
       <c:out value="${utils:getTimeStringForCapabilities(tvalues)}"/>
   </c:otherwise>
</c:choose>

which shows that the test on intervalTime in the original document was dropped in the edited version.

If the consice version of the time string is not essential for MyOcean, I would prefer to add this test again in the edited version. This would be a better solution to our problem with the WMS client we are using.

Best wishes,

   Egil