Re: [thredds] Requesting WMS Capabilities document gives 500 Internal Server Error

  • To: Egil Støren <egil.storen@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] Requesting WMS Capabilities document gives 500 Internal Server Error
  • From: Marcos Hermida <mhermida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 06:58:19 -0600
Hi Egil,

I think we need some more information to figure out what's going on. Could you check if something shows up in the thredds or tomcat logs?

Cheers!

On 04/17/2013 06:14 AM, Egil Støren wrote:
Hi all,

I have recently upgraded to TDS version 4.3.16, and everything seem to work as expected, except when I click on a WMS getCapabilities link, which gives me an 500 Internal server error.

I have searched for postings describing similar errors, and I found this: https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/thredds/2013/msg00037.html advising to update the wmsConfig.xml document according to the description in http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.3/UpgradingTo4.3.html. This I did, but the error still persists.

I also removed the CATALINA_BASE/work/Catalina/localhost/thredds directory and the webapps/thredds directory before I restarted tomcat (according to advise in another posting), but to no avail.

I am using tomcat7, java7 and are running tomcat behind an apache proxy.

Any help appreciated.

Best regards,

   Egil Støren
   met.no