Re: [thredds] Downloading HYCOM using the NetCDF Subset Service

Hi Michael,
I wanted to follow up on your TDS 4.3.14 remark:

We attempted to test out the latest THREDDS 4.3.14, but the NetCDF
> Subset Service included with this latest version does not work at all
> with aggregated datasets.

I'm running 4.3.15 (so I can't say for sure for 4.3.14) and NCSS is working
fine for my aggregates, both FMRC as well as NcML.

Examples from our testbed:

NCSS (at a point) for an NcML aggregation:

http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds-test/ncss/grid/hioos/tide_pac?accept=csv&point=true&var=ssh&latitude=20&longitude=-176&time_duration=PT24H&time_end=2013-02-15T06:00:00Z&vertCoord=0

(dataset catalog:
http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds-test/idd/tide_mod.html?dataset=tide_pac)

NCSS (at a point) for an FMRC aggregation:

http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds-test/ncss/grid/hioos/model/wav/ww3/WaveWatch_III_Global_Wave_Model_best.ncd?accept=csv&point=true&var=Thgt&latitude=31.5&longitude=171&time_duration=PT24H&time_end=2013-02-15T06:00:00Z

(dataset catalog:
http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds-test/catalog/hioos/model/wav/ww3/catalog.html?dataset=ww3_global/WaveWatch_III_Global_Wave_Model_best.ncd
)

Don't know if this is related at all, but worth a shot: I was recently
having data access problems related to aggregates in TDS 4.3 before I
updated my wmsConfig.xml file (even for services that weren't WMS, such as
ncSOS) as instructed in the upgrade notes:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.3/UpgradingTo4.3.html

Cheers,
John Maurer
Pacific Islands Ocean Observing System (PacIOOS)
University of Hawaii at Manoa