Re: [thredds] restricted access to fileServer-downloads?

On 7/20/2011 6:30 AM, Remon Sadikni wrote:
Dear THREDDS team,

I managed to set up restricted access to OPeNDAP-URLs and specific folders like it is shown on: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/RestrictedAccess.html

That is very nice, but I did not manage to get the fileServer-Download restiction working. I added the following code to tomcat's web.xml:

<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>restrict by URL</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/dodsC/ftpthredds/swe/*</url-pattern>
<url-pattern>/fileServer/ftpthredds/*</url-pattern>
<http-method>GET</http-method>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<role-name>tdsConfig</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
<user-data-constraint>
<transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
</user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>

The first Link (OPeNDAP) is restricted via username / pass form, but the HTTPServer-Download not. What is wrong with my code?

Thank you very much,
Remon

Hi Remon:

im guessing that after your browser is automatically validating you after the first time. try clearing your browser cache, or try a different browser, or use a tool like "Live Http Headers" (firefox) to see whats really going on.

John