Re: [thredds] Tomcat 7

Thanks.  Was curious if it was speedier or more stable.  The switch to Java
1.6/Tomcat 6 produced noticeable improvements in both areas.

-Roy

On Dec 17, 2010, at 3:31 PM, Ethan Davis wrote:

> Hi Roy,
>
> I ran TDS under Tomcat 7 to try out a few things with WMS. Immediately
> ran into some JSP issues that blocked me from trying what I wanted to
> try and so did no further testing.
>
> My conclusion: TDS started up and initialized under Tomcat 7 without any
> obvious problems (no bad log messages or anything). As is, the WMS
> service will not work under Tomcat 7. I would expect everything else to
> work but I haven't actually tried anything else.
>
> *Details on JSP issues* Tomcat 7 implements the JSP 2.2 specification
> which evidently is stricter on the reserved words it allows in JSP code.
> Existing WMS JSP uses some of those reserved words (e.g., "abstract")
> which means some of the WMS JSP code can't be compiled.
>
> Ethan
>
> On 12/16/2010 4:00 PM, Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
>> Any tested THREDDS with Tomcat 7?  Any comments?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Roy

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst