[thredds] Constructing URLs for catalogs generated by datasetScan

Hi all,

I am trying to find a general way to include URLs pointing to THREDDS catalogs (and datasets) from a separate web application. But I have difficulties with the available THREDDS/TDS documentation.

Specifically I do not understand the use of the 'path' attribute in the datasetScan element. The various documents seem to tell different stories.

In http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/catalog/v1.0.2/InvCatalogSpec.server.html#datasetScan_Element there is an example where the 'path' attribute has the value 'grib2'. This "might" result in a generated catalog containing datasets like:

<dataset name="data1.wmo" urlPath="data1.wmo" />

From other examples, e.g. in http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/DatasetScan.html and http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tutorial/ConfigCatalogs.html, I would have thought that the urlPath for the generated dataset should have been "grib2/data1.wmo". Am I correct (and the above example erroneous)?

Or are there some subtle differences between the examples that I have not recognized?

Best regards,

   Egil Støren, met.no Norway