Re: [thredds] Static aggregations

Hi all,

It seems that THREDDS forces a rescan if the time stamp on the directory has changed. Even if I set recheckEvery to -1 or 90 days it still appears to rescan when the modified date on the folder changes. I tested this using a simple "touch junk" command in the directory I'm aggregating.

This makes sense so that files added to the directory can be added to the aggregation. However, is there a way to tell TDS to skip this step for a given dataset or will I need to put my non-changing datasets in subfolders? If I put them in subfolders will I be able to aggregate the entire dataset together anymore? Perhaps something like:

<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>
   <aggregation dimName="time" type="joinExisting">
      <scan location="/home/om/dods-data/thredds/cool/avhrr/nc4/2006/"
            regExp="^2006.*\.nc" />
   </aggregation>
</netcdf>

for each year and

<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>
   <aggregation dimName="time" type="joinExisting">
      <scan location="/home/om/dods-data/thredds/cool/avhrr/nc4/"
            regExp=".*/*\.nc" />
   </aggregation>
</netcdf>

to get the aggregation to go through the subfolders and put the years together?

The solution of getting TDS to skip rescan on specific datasets would be preferable to simplify scripts and avoid having to change them each new year.

Thanks,
Dave

Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
I believe if you don't set rescan it uses the default value - but would have to check on that. I know there is a way to tell it to not rescan.

-Roy