Re: [thredds] upload datasets to thredds server

andrea antonello wrote:

I have one doubt, that I can't find an answer to, so I propose that
here, after not finding in the archives.
I want to upload datasets to the server with http posts, but am not
able to in the default installation mode.
Hi Andrea,
There is another project at Unidata called RAMADDA that provides the ability to publish content via http interfaces. You can think of RAMADDA as a content management/publishing/collaborative environment with a focus on earth science data. RAMADDA provides many of the same services that the TDS provides except for WCS, WMS and aggregation (it uses the same code base for netcdf and opendap access).

It also provides:
-management of its own content as well as dynamic views of file system archives (like the TDS catgen) and remote F FTP archives -a flexible view model including a variety of HTML views (timeline, map, calendar, graphs, etc), THREDDS Catalogs, RSS, DIF, etc.
-metadata harvesting and a flexible and extensible metadata model
-search - it is based on a relational database.
-access control and an integrated user model
-support for a wide variety of data and other content including new point data database facility
-event monitoring
-file system and URL harvesting of data files
-integrated Wiki pages,  chat/whiteboard, image player

Here is our example RAMADDA server:
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository
and here is the information page:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ramadda/index.html

We have just made the first real non-alpha release of the system this past week. It runs under Tomcat or stand-alone.

-Jeff