[thredds] upload datasets to thredds server

Hi all,
I am new to thredds and I really like the features it exposes also at
a GIS level.

Through the great tutorial at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tutorial/index.html
I was able to setup the server easily and play around with own data.

I have one doubt, that I can't find an answer to, so I propose that
here, after not finding in the archives.
I want to upload datasets to the server with http posts, but am not
able to in the default installation mode.

I found the document: CREATE AN ARCHIVE WITH THE THREDDS DATA REPOSITORY
and there I found some examples to create containers and fill them
with datasets, like for example:

"Create a new container called "Anne":
PUT http://servername:8080/tdr/lead/Anne/
(This request has no body.)"

but I couldn't find a document explaining how to enable this.

On the same article, a link to:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/awilson/private/tdr/leadServiceInterface2.html
is given, but that one is private and I can't access it.

Can anyone please tell me:
- if it is possible to configure the thredds server to upload datasets to it
- if there is any document explaining how to do so

Thank you very much for any hint,
Best regards
Andrea