Re: [thredds] How get File_Access folder added to FMRC?

Richard Signell wrote:
From Motherlode's catalog, we see:

        <fmrcInventory
location="/data/ldm/pub/native/grid/NCEP/GFS/Alaska_191km/"
suffix=".grib1"
fmrcDefinition="NCEP-GFS-Alaska_191km.fmrcDefinition.xml" />

What is this "fmrcDefinition" and what does the
"NCEP-GFS-Alaska_191km.fmrcDefinition.xml" look like?

fmrcDefinition files are an undocumented feature in TDS, used on motherlode to
define the expected output from the NCEP model distribution, which tends to
change constantly. i would like to replace with something more automatic, but
havent figured out if thats possible. you may have noticed the inventory pages
on motherlode, eg:

click on "Available Inventory" from this page:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog/fmrc/NCEP/GFS/Alaska_191km/catalog.html?dataset=fmrc/NCEP/GFS/Alaska_191km

to get:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/modelInventory/fmrc/NCEP/GFS/Alaska_191km/

which tells us what data has arrived reletive to what is expected, as defined
by the fmrcDefinition.xml (oops, it looks like the fmrcDefinition files need
updating again). the fmrcDefinition files are in the war file under

 WEB-INF\altContent\idd\thredds\modelInventory

if you want to look at them.

-Rich