Re: [thredds] TDS 4.0 on RHEL5

John Caron wrote:
> the listener ss the first thing that gets loaded - so problems with
> classpath, etc, show up there first, that have nothing to do with the
> listener code per se.
> have you checked all log files to see if there are any more messages?
> delete all log files, startup, then look everything.

This RHEL-supplied tomcat seems to only have the catalina.out for log
and the only entries I see for the thredds context are:

TdsConfigContextListener.contextInitialized(): start.
Jun 18, 2009 5:23:10 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jun 18, 2009 5:23:10 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/thredds] startup failed due to previous errors

Other complicating factors are that this is 64bit OS, JVM and we're
running SELinux.  The sysadmin tells me there are no entries in the
audit log, but I'm always suspicious of SELinux.

I feel like I've eliminated the version of tomcat and the JVM as the
problems and am left w/ the RHEL packaging and/or SELinux permissions.

--john