Re: [thredds] TDS 4.0 on RHEL5

Lets eliminate the possibility that you arent using Java 1.6.

Can you run jconsole or jvisualvm on the same machine your tomcat is running?
these are in the bin directory of your java install.

This will allow you to see for sure what version of java is running. poke
around a little, in case you havent before, its useful to know what info is in
there.

Otherwise:

I have seen that listenerStart problem before. Can you check to see if there
are additional error messages in the tomcat log directory in localhost.date.log
?

John Cartwright wrote:
I neglected to mention that TDS 3.x works find on this same
OS/tomcat/JVM  configuration.

--john

John Cartwright wrote:
Hello All,

we're trying to run TDS 4.x on a RHEL5 server using the Redhat-supplied
tomcat (5.5.23).  Unable to get it to start, presumably because the
listener TdsConfigContextListener is failing to start.  Catalina.out shows:

TdsConfigContextListener.contextInitialized(): start.
Jun 17, 2009 3:44:11 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jun 17, 2009 3:44:11 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/thredds] startup failed due to previous errors

Everything works fine in a binary install of tomcat on the same machine
which suggests some kind of classpath problems.  Can anyone suggest what
classes might be the problem?  Any other ideas on what the problem might
be?

Thanks!

--john