[thredds] TDS 4.0 beta 1 release (4.0.12)

TDS 4.0 beta 1 (4.0.12) is now available from the TDS page:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/TDS.html

We are planning on a few more beta releases before our first release
candidate which we hope to have out within the next few weeks.

Please test and let us know if you run into any problems. For now, until
4.0 becomes our stable release, we do not recommend replacing your
mission-critical servers.

Changes in administration and configuration between TDS 3.17 and 4.0 are
detailed at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.0/UpgradingTo4.0.html

Changes since alpha release (4.0.6):
- Added OPeNDAP response size limit (500Mb for binary, 50Mb for ascii).
- Minor improvements to OPeNDAP, NCSS, WCS, and WMS protocol compliance.
- Several minor improvements and bug fixes.

Main changes since 3.17:
- Uses netCDF-Java 4.0 library
- New OGC WMS service [thanks to our collaborators Jon Blower
  (Univ. Reading UK) and Pauline Mak (Australian Research
  Collaboration Service) who did the hard work].

Thanks,

Ethan