Re: Proposed netCDF attribute convention for dataset discovery

Hi Luis,

Luis Bermudez wrote:

Hi Ethan,

Nice document!

I would say that we also add another item in the "Things to Think about": the mapping among the different standard vocabularies: "CF", "GCMD", "ADN", and "SWEET", etc..
We've been thinking about this some with our vocabulary mappings in the THREDDS catalog spec. I know we've looked at the mapping between GRIB variables and CF standard names. It might be good to think about mappings between standard keywords as well.

And let me suggest too, the need to create unique ids for vocabularies. That way we can mapped them and better discover datasets. Not only using String matching, but by using explicit crosswalks among them. Better if the id is a URI.
I added all of this to the "Things to Think About" section

Thanks,

Ethan

Luis

Begin forwarded message: