Re: [python-users] netCDF4/h5Py in the same Python 3 script

  • To: Aaron Funk <afunk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [python-users] netCDF4/h5Py in the same Python 3 script
  • From: Benjamin Root <ben.v.root@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:39:08 -0500
If the order of the imports matter, then that is almost certainly a library
conflict issue. I encountered a similar problem years ago with the order of
the imports of basemap and osgeo.

What would be good to know is if h5py and netCDF4, when they were installed
via pip, were installed as pre-built, or built from source by pip. I bet
you the problem lies there because the python packages may be loading
different binaries than you think they are loading.

Ben Root