Re: [python-users] Python @ Unidata: September

  • To: Ryan May <rmay@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [python-users] Python @ Unidata: September
  • From: "ashwinD12 ." <winash12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 14:52:37 +0530
Also since many of us maybe downloading many sets of variables over many
levels and times perhaps a couple of examples can focus on whether it would
be worthwhile to send these OPeNDAP requests using multi threaded python.
The script can check to see if there are multiple processors and then
retrieve data using different threads.

As an example I download from NCEP reanalysis 2 data six variables every
day - specific humidity, temperature, u,v velocities,geopotential height
surface pressure. That is 86 calls (17 levels * 5 variables) . So if I have
more than one processor I can send them off as batches to different
processors.

Just a suggestion  :-)

Ashwin.