[python-users] Python/Siphon for ESGF/CMIP5 OPeNDAP access?

  • To: "python-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [python-users] Python/Siphon for ESGF/CMIP5 OPeNDAP access?
  • From: Pete Pokrandt <poker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 20:24:56 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
All,

I have a grad student here who would like to use OPeNDAP to pull data (one grid
point for lots of times I think) from the ESGF CMIP5 data project.  He can get
in through their web interface, but he's got lots of times he wants to get, and
was hoping to script something that would log in using his openid and pw, and
then just loop through all the times one URL at a time.

I've never pulled CMIP5 data from ESGF, but it sounds like they are pretty
protective of their data and it is not trivial/obvious to get at the data.

Is this something that siphon or pydap or something can do? If not currently,
is this something that would be useful to the community and that
Ryan/Sean/whoever might be willing to work with us on?

Thanks,

Pete

<http://www.weather.com/tv/shows/wx-geeks/video/the-incredible-shrinking-cold-pool>--
Pete Pokrandt - Systems Programmer
UW-Madison Dept of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
608-262-3086  - poker@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Search the python-users archives: