From: ldm-users <ldm-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Mike Zuranski
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2023 1:37 PM
To: NOAAPORT <noaaport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; LDM <ldm-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [External] Re: [ldm-users] NOAAPort/SBN Satellite Transition

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of COD’s system. Do not click
links, open attachments, or respond with sensitive information unless you
recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Greetings all,

The NWS has updated their NOAAPort/SBN Transition schedule.  The new dates are
as follows:

=======================================
12 NOV 2022:   G31 Launch Date
5 FEB 2023:   Dual Illumination Period
17 FEB 2023:   Receive Site Transition Window Start
31 MAR 2023:   Receive Site Transition Window Ends
3 APR 2023:   AWIPS Transition to G31 Complete
=======================================

The SCN also mentions a change to "the RF Frequency."  However, since they took
down the previous SCN I don't recall what the frequencies were before, so I'm
not sure which one was changed or what the previous values were.  Here are the
values listed in the current SCN:

Satellite (G31) specifications/AWIPS
-- RF Frequency: 1130 MHz

Satellite (G31) specifications/NWWS
-- RF Frequency: 990 MHz

For more information here is the full SCN that just came out with this
information:
https://www.weather.gov/media/notification/pdf_2023_24/scn22-77_sbn_galaxy31_change_aab.pdf

Best,
-Mike

Mike Zuranski
Data Engineer II
Unidata Program Center

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 3:22 PM Mike Zuranski