Re: [noaaport] NOAAPort/SBN Satellite Transition

Greetings all,

The NWS has updated their NOAAPort/SBN Transition schedule.  The new dates
are as follows:

=======================================
12 NOV 2022:   G31 Launch Date
5 FEB 2023:   Dual Illumination Period
17 FEB 2023:   Receive Site Transition Window Start
31 MAR 2023:   Receive Site Transition Window Ends
3 APR 2023:   AWIPS Transition to G31 Complete
=======================================

The SCN also mentions a change to "the RF Frequency."  However, since they
took down the previous SCN I don't recall what the frequencies were before,
so I'm not sure which one was changed or what the previous values were.
Here are the values listed in the current SCN:

Satellite (G31) specifications/AWIPS
-- RF Frequency: 1130 MHz

Satellite (G31) specifications/NWWS
-- RF Frequency: 990 MHz

For more information here is the full SCN that just came out with this
information:
https://www.weather.gov/media/notification/pdf_2023_24/scn22-77_sbn_galaxy31_change_aab.pdf

Best,
-Mike

*Mike Zuranski*
Data Engineer II
Unidata Program Center

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 3:22 PM Mike Zuranski <mzuranski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> The NWS has released additional details of the NOAAPort/SBN transition to
> a new satellite.  All indications continue to show that satellite will be
> Galaxy-31 located at 121 degrees West.
>
> Key dates for the timeline:
> 12 NOV 2022:   G31 Launch Date
>  5 FEB 2023:   Dual Illumination Period
> 10 FEB 2023:   Receive Site Transition Window Start
> 31 MAR 2023:   Receive Site Transition Window Ends
>  3 APR 2023:   AWIPS Transition to G31 Complete
>
> The full Service Change Notice can be found here:
> https://www.weather.gov/media/notification/pdf_2023_24/scn22-77_sbn_galaxy31_change_aaa.pdf
>
> We will continue to relay any and all information regarding this
> transition as it becomes available.
>
> Best,
> -Mike
>

> *Mike Zuranski*