[netcdfgroup] Compilation error for netcdf-c-4.9.0

Hello all,

I’m trying to compile netcdf 4.9.0 on a linux machine, and it fails with
several errors from zmap_zip.c. Error log attached. I’ve compiled netcdf on
many platforms, but this error is new to me. I’ve checked that I have the zlib
headers in /usr/include, and zlib-devel is installed. However, config.log does
have an error message

undefined reference to `zip_open’

Not sure if that’s important, because then later in that same file it says

configure:8113: checking whether libzip library is available
configure:8115: result: yes

So not sure what to make of it.

Thanks for any help,

Sourish