Re: [netcdfgroup] How convert csv files to a netcdf file

Look at any recent ERDDAP server and ask for the .nccsv format such as in:

https://coastwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/erddap/griddap/erdMWchla1day.nccsv?chlorophyll[(2020-12-14T12:00:00Z):1:(2020-12-14T12:00:00Z)][(0.0):1:(0.0)%5D%5B(22.0):1:(51.0)][(205.0):1:(255.0)]

I believe but don't want to be quoted on it that NCO has this also.  More info
on it can be found at:

https://coastwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/erddap/download/NCCSV.html

-Roy

> On Dec 15, 2020, at 10:54 AM, Chris Barker via netcdfgroup
> <netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Steve Hankin was looking at specifying a CSV format that would map to netCDF.
>
> I'm not sure what came of that.
>
> In the meantime, how to do this now depends on what tools you are familiar
> with:
>
> I would use Python (and probably xarray) to write a translator -- it would be
> quite straightforward if you are familiar with Python.
>
> Other options are:
> - Any number of other programming languages
> - some way to translate to CDL -- given that the meta data is similar for all
> this data, that could be not too hard.
>
> HTH,
> -CHB
>

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 9:59 AM nazaniti6 <nazitkk1375@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have six CSV files which I have sent in this link
> (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GQtyY1mI1YrK8GFP9SEo7dZfFHexKro3?usp=sharing).
> If you open them you will understand that each of these files has 720 rows
> and 360 columns which indicates longitude and latitude respectively. I
> should tell you that the first point of latitude is -89.75, the first point
> of longitude is -179.75, and the resolution of these data is 0.5 degrees. I
> want to convert them to a NetCDF file which has the following properties:
> Dimensions:
> longitude = 720
> latitude = 360
> time = 6
> Variables:
> longitude
> Size: 720x1
> Dimensions: longitude
> Datatype: single
> Attributes:
> long_name = 'longitude'
> units = 'degrees_east'
> latitude
> Size: 360x1
> Dimensions: latitude
> Datatype: single
> Attributes:
> long_name = 'latitude'
> units = 'degrees_north'
> time
> Size: 6x1
> Dimensions: time
> Datatype: single
> Attributes:
> long_name = 'time'
> units = 'days since 1900-1-1'
> calendar = 'gregorian'
> tmp
> Size: 720x360x6
> Dimensions: longitude, latitude,time
> Datatype: single
> Attributes:
> long_name = 'monthly mean temperature'
> units = 'degrees Celsius'
> correlation_decay_distance = 1200
> _FillValue = 9.969209968386869e+36
> missing_value = 9.969209968386869e+36
> Could you please help me?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://netcdf-group.1586084.n2.nabble.com/

> https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/
>

> --

> [...]

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst