Re: [netcdfgroup] why is ncdump a shell script in 4.6.2?

Ward,

I did configure with just a --prefix argument.  I did "make check" followed by
"make install". So, very vanilla. The bin directory under the directory specified in the --prefix argument is where I found the shell script for ncdump. My particular test
was a validated OPeNDAP access to the RDA TDS.  I had already found the
binary executable version of ncdump in the .libs directory.  It worked for my
test. The script did not; it appeared to use the wrong version of the curl library.
What does "make -j 12" mean, anyway?  I've never seen such in the instructions
for building NetCDF.

Thanks,
-Hoop