Re: [netcdfgroup] Fwd: IFORT_GeneralQuestion

Amanda,

Netcdf-C and netcdf-fortran are two different packages.  They must both be
installed to get fortran access to netcdf.  This looks like netcdf-fortran
was not installed on your machine, or else it was installed somewhere other
than /usr/local/netcdf.

The "use netcdf" reference is looking for a file named "netcdf.mod" which
is the fortran module file associated with netcdf-fortran.  So either
locate this file and point your -I path there, or else get netcdf-fortran
installed.

Also please note, separate builds of netcdf-fortran in separate locations
are required if you are supporting more than one fortran compiler on the
same machine.  In particular, the netcdf.mod files are probably not
compatible between cray and intel fortran.  So ensure that your include
reference points to the matching compiler install location.

For more information, see the user guide chapter on building and linking
netcdf-fortran, particularly the section "Linking your programs".

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/building_
netcdf_fortran.html

--Dave