From: netcdfgroup-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<netcdfgroup-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Ashley Ballard
<ashleyta@xxxxxx>
Sent: 15 May 2018 23:56:43
To: netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [netcdfgroup] NetCDF Dimensions As Variables

Good afternoon,

I am working with the 15 minute Hydro Estimator data (netCDF files). The 15
minute NC files are available here:
ftp://satepsanone.nesdis.noaa.gov/HydroEst/GHE The dimensions of these files
are "elem" and "lines" not the typical "lat" and "lon." Instead the "lat and
"lon" values are stored in a Navigation file here:
ftp://satepsanone.nesdis.noaa.gov/HydroEst/NPR.GEO.GHE.v1.Navigation.netcdf.gz
 In this Navigation file the dimensions match the 15 minute files ("elem" and
"lines), but store the "lat" and "lon" values as variables. How can I relate
these two files and basically replace the "elems" and "lines" in the hydro
estimator netcdfs with the "lat" and "lon" values from the Navigation file and
give a Mercator Projection?

Best,
Ashley Ballard
--