Re: [netcdfgroup] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Renaming FMRC 'run' dimension

  • To: Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Renaming FMRC 'run' dimension
  • From: "Harms, Clifford M CIV NAVOCEANO, N642" <clifford.harms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 14:52:37 +0000
I'm attempting to change the dimension created by netcdf-java name from 'run'
to 'reference_time' in the featureCollection.xml as shown below:

<featureCollection
xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";

xmlns:ns2="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/thredds/InvCatalog/v1.0";
            path="4a76026e-1e2c-302a-bd41-e9c9ea3a47cd_fmrc"
name="ncom_relo_autec_u_24"
           featureType="FMRC">
    <ns2:collection spec="/path/to/ncml/files/ncom_relo_autec_[0-9]+[.]ncml"/>
    <protoDataset>
        <netcdf>
            <dimension name="reference_time" orgName="run"/>
        </netcdf>
    </protoDataset>
</featureCollection>

It's worth mentioning that the collection spec references .ncml files that
contain joinExisting aggregations of .nc files.  None of these files have a
'run' dimension, I assume that netcdf-java is creating this from the time
dimension metadata.

I also am not using the THREDDS server directly, but obtaining a NetcdfDataset
from the featureCollection.xml as shown here (in java):

Formatter formatter = new Formatter(System.err);
FeatureCollectionConfigBuilder builder = new
FeatureCollectionConfigBuilder(formatter);
FeatureCollectionConfig config  =
builder.readConfigFromFile(featureCollectionPath.toString());
Fmrc fmrc = Fmrc.open(config, formatter);
NetcdfDataset result = new NetcdfDataset();
fmrc.getDataset2D(result);