Re: [netcdfgroup] NetCDF external links

  • To: Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal <roy.mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] NetCDF external links
  • From: Aleksandar Jelenak <ajelenak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 22:54:16 +0000
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On Jul 13, 2016, at 4:40 PM, Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal
<roy.mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx<mailto:roy.mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

that if one of those underlying files is missing,
then I assume the whole dataset is unreadable.

I have been wondering that myself.  Is there anyone from HDF that can answer
that?

There are settings in HDF5 API that can set how the library should behave. It
can either stop at the first missing source dataset or it can continue to the
last.

https://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/doc/RM/RM_H5P.html#Property-SetVirtualView

https://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/doc/RM/RM_H5P.html#Property-SetVirtualPrintfGap

-Aleksandar